The financial impact of a spinal cord injury can be as devastating as the injury itself. If your spinal cord injuries were the result of the negligent or reckless actions of another, you may be able to recover financially from the responsible party. At Milavetz, Gallop & Milavetz, P.A., our injury attorneys help families achieve financial recovery — and justice — for the harms they have suffered.
Our Approach To Ensuring Full And Fair Recovery
The key to ensuring that you receive the financial compensation you need is to communicate the effect these injuries have on all aspects of your daily life. To do this, we use several strategies:
- First, we will consult with your treating physician and any medical specialists who may be assisting with your case. We need to understand the exact nature and extent of your injuries so we can make sure you get adequate compensation.
- Next, we will consult with rehabilitation experts such as physical therapists, occupational therapists and vocational counselors to understand the expectations for your physical recovery and how your work and home life will be affected.
- Finally, we will consult with an economist or life-care planner to determine the full cost of your injuries, rehabilitation services, equipment needs, future medical care and lost wages.
With this information in hand, we can build a strong case for your financial recovery. That effort often includes a day-in-the-life video that looks at how your injuries affect you every day. For example:
- If you suffered partial paralysis (paraplegia), a wheelchair can give you back your mobility, but weakness in your limbs may mean there are many daily tasks that are now difficult for you.
- If you are affected by quadriplegia, adaptive equipment may help you reach a higher level of independence, or you may need in-home nursing care to supplement the care provided by your family.
- Even if no paralysis occurred, you may be living with chronic, severe pain that makes it difficult to work, sleep and enjoy life.
Every case is different, and we will work hard to ensure that your unique story gets across in the most effective manner.
Your Quality Of Life Matters To Us
Our firm has helped many clients across Minnesota bring successful spinal cord injury claims. Our goal is always to help you get the financial resources you need to achieve a quality of life as close as possible to what you had before the accident.
As with any serious injury case, it is important to begin investigating the case as soon as possible. Contact our lawyers at 612-444-5604 to discuss next steps during a free consultation. With 12 convenient office locations in the Twin Cities metro, we provide comprehensive and convenient legal help for seriously injured people statewide.