The voluntary recall for Stryker's ABG II Modular and the Rejuvenate Modular hip replacement system began in 2012. A settlement has now been reached November of 2014, but claimants must register their claim by December 14, 2014 to participate in the settlement. If you believe you qualify for this settlement, it is crucial to contact us as soon as possible. Certain documents are required to be submitted for eligibility and some can take time to collect. We cannot guarantee we can protect your claim unless we hear from you by December 1, 2014.
To be eligible for the settlement program you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal resident of the United States of America.
- The implant procedure has to have been done in a hospital in the United States or at any United States Military Hospital.
- Your revision surgery reasons must be related to recall, and the revision surgery received between 181 days after your initial surgery and November 3, 2014.
- Reason for removing your ABG II Modular or the Rejuvenate Modular hip include one or more of the following issues:
- Unsafe cobalt levels.
- Abnormal diagnostic scan related to the voluntary recall.
- Confirmed ALTR, ALVAL or tissue damage related to the voluntary recall.
- Your claim is registered by December 14, 2014.
- You are enrolled in the Settlement Program by March 2, 2015.
Those claimants that meet these requirements can qualify to receive a base settlement of $300,000. If you have not received a revision surgery, you may still qualify for a settlement if you were unable to go through revision surgery because it was deemed medically dangerous for you to do so. Certain restrictions may apply to the amount you receive, which can be explained by one of our experienced class action attorneys.
If you or a loved one has received an ABG II Modular or the Rejuvenate Modular hip replacement system and have needed revision surgery, or have been unable to have revision surgery because of a medical condition, please contact our firm today to see if you qualify for the settlement.