DIAGNOSED WITH HEALTH PROBLEMS AFTER A MIRENA IUD IMPLANT?
Suffering From Serious Side Effects You Weren’t Told About? You’re Not Alone.
If you’re among the thousands of women who have used the Mirena intrauterine device (IUD) for birth control, you might not be aware of the serious complications that can result from these implants. Recent studies have shown they can lead to life-altering brain injuries.
As seasoned advocates for victims of dangerous medical devices, we at Milavetz, Gallop & Milavetz, P.A., stand up for the rights of people like you. Our legal team is currently pursuing a class action lawsuit against Bayer (the manufacturer), alleging that they knew about these risks, but failed to warn doctors and patients, resulting in significant harm that could have been prevented.
How To Know If You Have A Claim
You might have a strong claim for compensation if you’ve had a Mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD implant and:
- You’ve since been diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri (PTC) or idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH), both of which cause increased brain pressure with no discernible cause
- You’ve experienced symptoms such as:
- Severe headache or migraine (especially behind the eyes) that doesn’t improve with medication
- Swelling of the optic nerve (papilledema)
- Blurred vision or other visual disturbances
- Nausea and vomiting
- Ringing in the ears
- You’ve had a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) or neural imaging to rule out other obvious causes such as tumors
Left untreated, this condition can cause permanent brain damage, vision loss and blindness. Treatment might involve medication or surgery. In severe cases, the condition can be chronic, resulting in long-term reliance on painkillers to keep headaches and other debilitating symptoms in check.
Our attorneys are standing by to evaluate your rights. We can review your situation in a respectful, confidential setting and determine whether you have a right to compensation.