Ten Essential Items
Needed For Filing
Filing bankruptcy is a big decision. At the Minnesota law firm of Milavetz Injury Law, P.A., we want to help you make the right decision. To do that, our lawyers will first need to gain a thorough understanding of your financial situation. Only with a clear picture of your goals and struggles can we provide the honest guidance you need to make informed choices.
At a minimum, we’ll need the following documents to evaluate your options:
- A list of creditors with their names, addresses (including zip codes), account numbers and amounts owed
- Your average monthly living expenses, including the types and amounts of expenditures
- Your pay stubs from the past six months
- Your tax returns from the past two years
- Your credit report (available for free on an annual basis)
- Your bank statements for the past 30 days
- Copies of secured documents such as your mortgage and car loans
- Life insurance and retirement documents
- Copies of your Social Security card and driver’s license
- A credit counseling certificate (When you call us, we can assist you in selecting a company.)
These documents will give us the concrete data we need to provide accurate guidance.
Depending on your situation, we may also need to review other documentation. Our attorneys and staff will make sure you know what to bring to every appointment.
Learn More — Free Consultation
If you’re wondering whether bankruptcy is right for you, please call our firm at 763-560-0000 to set up your free initial consultation. We have 13 offices throughout the Twin Cities metro.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.