Medical Device And Drug Cases
- Dalkon Shield cases — resolved approximately 100 claims
- Silicone breast implant cases (1980s through present) — resolved approximately 100 claims
- Copper 7 IUD cases (1980s)
- In Re Yaz & Yasmine MDL — 2,100 settlements totaling more than $1.6 million
- Vioxx MDL — Settlements totaling more than $2 million
- Metal-on-metal hip cases (ongoing)
- Estate of S.K., U.S. District Court — $2.5 million, structured payout to youngest heir of $15.5 million
- Multi vehicle collision near St. Cloud, MN – $1 million
- AA, negligent infliction of emotional distress — $200,000
- Estate of N.B. et al. v. FAA — present value settlement of $4.1 million
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- School Bus Accident in Minneapolis – $1.4 million
- Motorcycle driver struck and injured by pickup towing a boat – $1.25 Million
- Pedestrian struck in a crosswalk in Coon Rapids – $670,000 plus comp benefits in excess of $250,000 plus no-fault benefits.
- Wrongful death of a minor in a traffic accident – $567,500
- 80-year-old woman with fractured ribs and leg in northern Minnesota — $400,000
- Pedestrian struck in crosswalk — $90,000
- Ramsey County verdict determining full extent of liability coverage available
- Motor vehicle accident resulting in full bodily injury and uninsured motorist limits paid
- Motor vehicle accident in Hennepin County involving clavicle injury and TMJ — full policy limits paid
- Motor scooter accident involving fractured arm — entire $250,000 policy limits paid
- Motor vehicle accident Washington County involving cervical decompression fusion — recovery of $102,000
- Motor vehicle accident in Illinois involving radius fracture — policy limits paid
- Motor vehicle accident in Hennepin County — favorable verdict, policy limits paid
- Product liability/medical device wrongful death – $600,000
- A drowning that resulted in a wrongful death – $500,000 (policy limits).
We litigated a landmark case before the U.S. Supreme Court. The court adopted neither our view nor the U.S. government’s view. However, it reaffirmed the ability of attorneys to give advice to their clients regarding taking on debt, and other lawful and appropriate advice. Full Citation: Milavetz Injury Law, P.A. v. United States, 559 U.S. 229, 130 S. Ct. 1324, 176 L. Ed. 2d 79, 78 U.S.L.W. 4197 (2010).
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.