Standing Up For Distracted Driving Victims
You probably see it every day: The driver next to you on the highway is looking at their phone, likely texting a friend or checking their e-mails. They are swerving a bit in the lane, and you know that one day they are going to cause an accident. It’s frustrating and annoying to see, but downright infuriating when another driver’s bad habit results in a car accident where you pay the price.
If you have been injured in a car accident, and the other driver was texting or otherwise distracted while operating the vehicle, you may be eligible for compensation. We at Milavetz, Gallop & Milavetz, P.A., will fight to get you the full compensation you deserve.
What Is Considered Distracted Driving?
Distracted driving is most often associated with cellphone use, especially talking on the phone and texting while driving. However, many other activities can become distractions, including:
- Conversing with other passengers
- Tending to children in the backseat
- Putting on makeup
- Eating or drinking
- Changing the radio station
- Updating the GPS or map app
- Making phone calls
- Using apps or social media
Anything that takes a driver’s hands off the wheel, eyes off the road or attention away from the surroundings can lead to an accident.
Why Choose Us?
These are just a few of the reasons why you should bring your motor vehicle accident claim to Milavetz, Gallop & Milavetz, P.A.:
- Our team of attorneys has significant experience — more than 50 years — dealing with personal injury law and car accident cases. After evaluating the specific circumstances surrounding your case, we will help you make the right decisions on how to pursue compensation.
- We have the resources and connections to build a strong case. For example, if the facts of the accident are in dispute, we can enlist a reconstruction expert to get to the bottom of what happened.
- While we’re able to secure favorable out-of-court settlements in many cases, we are also always prepared to fight for you at trial if needed. Our lawyers know how to take the right steps from the outset to put you in the best position for a successful resolution.
Schedule A Free Consultation To Discuss Your Case
Dealing with the impact of a car accident caused by distracted driving can be physically and emotionally exhausting. You do not have to go through this experience alone. You are welcome to set up a free, no-obligation consultation with us that is completely confidential. We have several offices in the Minneapolis metropolitan area (including Saint Paul, Brooklyn Center, Edina and Coon Rapids), making it convenient for our clients to connect with us and get the representation that they deserve. Call us at 763-560-0000 or contact us through our website to set up your appointment today. Our lawyers handle distracted driving accidents across Minnesota.