Trusted Guidance Through The Difficulty Of Divorce
Nobody expects their marriage to end in divorce. It’s a reality that few plan for, but many face.
So what do you do when you’re confronting an uncertain future and the prospect of stressful legal proceedings?
At the Twin Cities law firm of Milavetz, Gallop & Milavetz, P.A., we’re here to help you through this difficult time. Our attorneys are familiar with the challenges of divorce and separation. We know the laws and the legal system, but we also understand the human side. Much may be at stake in your case. You can count on us to provide thorough guidance in a compassionate, professional and sensitive manner.
Tackling The Big Issues
Every divorce case is different. Yet each deserves careful and detailed evaluation. Whether you anticipate an uncontested case or a hard-fought battle, our legal team will invest the effort to do what’s right for you.
Your priorities will become our priorities. Our divorce lawyers will take the time to understand your needs and goals with regard to every issue in your case, including:
- Custody matters: If you have minor children, determining what their life will look like after divorce is no easy undertaking. We have a wide range of tools at our disposal — including mediation, when appropriate — to help you reach an arrangement that works for your family.
- Child support: Along with custody, child support is a major piece in the puzzle of moving forward with separate lives while continuing to co-parent. Our team will walk you through what to expect under the Minnesota Child Support Guidelines — and identify situations that may warrant departure from those guidelines.
- Property division: You’ve spent years — perhaps decades — building a life together. That life may include significant assets and complex financial considerations. How do you decide, in essence, who gets what? Our divorce attorneys can help ensure that you get a fair outcome.
- Spousal maintenance (alimony): In Minnesota, alimony isn’t a given. Whether alimony is appropriate — and if so, in what amount and for how long — depends on your unique circumstances. We understand how to navigate this highly nuanced issue.
- Modifications: Even if your divorce is already final, issues may continue to crop up for a long time. Changes in your circumstances (or your ex’s) may require revisiting issues such as child custody, child support and alimony. Whether you’re looking to make a change or preserve the status quo, we can help.
The Road Ahead May Be Hard, But You Don’t Have To Face It Alone
Let us help you navigate this important crossroads in life. To schedule a private consultation with one of our attorneys, please call 612-444-5604 or reach out to us online. We have convenient locations throughout the Twin Cities area, including Minneapolis, St. Paul, Edina, Brooklyn Center and Coon Rapids.