Minnesota Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered injuries due to a health care provider’s negligence in Minnesota, you may be able to take legal action and pursue compensation for your damages. Contact a Minnesota medical malpractice lawyer from Milavetz Injury Law, P.A., and discuss your case today.
Medical professionals are required to provide patients with a certain level of care. If their services fall below that standard or they make careless mistakes that lead to injuries, the results can be devastating for victims and their families.
The Minnesota medical malpractice lawyers at Milavetz Injury Law, P.A., understand the complexities of these situations and how to build a strong case that secures the compensation you deserve. We will hold the negligent medical providers accountable for their actions and ensure you get the support you need during this difficult time. Contact us to schedule a free and confidential consultation.
Why Choose Milavetz Injury Law, P.A.
Serving clients in Minnesota since 1963, Milavetz Injury Law, P.A. has helped thousands of injury victims recover damages and rebuild their lives. With 12 offices across Minnesota, our attorneys offer personalized representation and legal services based on client needs to help you get through this challenging time. We also have an impressive record of successful case results, with over $500 million in settlements for our clients.
Our team of medical malpractice attorneys can help you and your family fight for justice with these services:
- Gathering evidence: We’ll collect crucial evidence to support your case, including medical records, witness statements, and images of injuries.
- Handling communication: We will handle all communication with pushy insurance adjusters and opposing attorneys to protect you and your case.
- Valuing damages: It’s important to value qualifying losses accurately and include them in your claim to get the maximum compensation available.
- Negotiating a settlement: Our skilled team of attorneys will negotiate a fair settlement representing your losses to get your life back on track.
- Taking your case to trial: If the insurance companies do not agree to a settlement, we are prepared to take your case to court.
If you’re ready to take action after being injured by medical malpractice, our team is ready to help. Contact Milavetz Injury Law, P.A. to schedule a no-obligation case evaluation today. Our supportive team will answer all your questions, explain your legal options, and provide the legal guidance you need to make the best decisions for you and your family.
Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle in Minnesota
Medical mistakes and health care provider errors can lead to various patient injuries. Our firm has experience with a range of medical malpractice cases, including the following:
- Anesthesia Errors
- Birth Injuries
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer
- Defective Drugs
- Defective Medical Devices
- Medical Negligence
- Wrongful Death
Any medical professional in Minnesota is required to provide the minimum standard of care to their patients. Providers who can be held responsible for failing to give adequate care include physicians, surgeons, nurses, anesthesiologists, dentists, pharmacists, chiropractors, hospitals, and treatment facilities.
While nothing can undo the painful results of medical errors, you can recover financial damages with a medical malpractice claim. Careless or negligent health care professionals must be held responsible for their actions, and Milavetz Injury Law, P.A. will be by your side every step of the way.
Compensation in Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical malpractice victims can face long recovery periods, painful treatments, and overwhelming medical expenses that come with their injuries. They often are unable to work and earn income to support their families. They may also suffer from anxiety, emotional distress, and other mental issues due to the incident.
As a victim of inadequate medical care, you may qualify to claim compensation for all economic and non-economic losses, including the following:
- Current medical bills
- Rehabilitation and future medical care
- Household modification and assistive services
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
After a devastating medical malpractice injury, figuring out your next steps can be confusing and overwhelming. Working with an experienced attorney can help you get the maximum financial recovery for your medical malpractice case.
Time Limit To File a Medical Malpractice Claim in Minnesota
According to the Minnesota law, a victim of medical malpractice must file a legal claim within four years of the date the action that harmed the patient occurred. This action may include a medical device error, a health provider mistake, a failure to diagnose or cure a condition, or any other failure to provide a standard level of care to the patient.
If you suffered an injury from medical malpractice, it’s important to consult an attorney immediately. They will help you determine if you are within the statute of limitations and ensure you don’t miss any deadlines. Taking legal action early on can also help you secure evidence and document your injuries more carefully, contributing to your case’s success.
Proving a Medical Malpractice Case
Medical malpractice claims are complex. An experienced attorney can avoid the common mistakes that often hurt such cases. If a medical error caused your injuries, you need to prove certain elements to have a successful claim:
- Duty: First, you must prove there was a professional relationship between you and the health care provider. If there was, the provider had a legal duty to meet the standard of care for their position and the particular treatment at issue.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you need to show that the medical provider failed to provide that level of care and, therefore, breached their duty to you. In other words, the health care professional did not do what a reasonable medical provider in the same situation would have done.
- Causation: It’s not enough to prove a breach of duty. You must also show that the medical provider’s failure directly led to or significantly contributed to your injuries.
- Damages: Lastly, you must show that the malpractice caused damages, including financial hardships, pain, emotional suffering, and more.
A knowledgeable personal injury attorney knows the details of the law and what steps to take to prove your case. A strong legal team can build a solid case backed by evidence, putting you in a better position to settle out of court and recover the full value of your damages.
Contact Milavetz Injury Law, P.A. Today
No matter where you are in Minnesota, our law firm has offices near you to help you through this difficult time. Our compassionate Minnesota medical malpractice attorneys and legal staff are dedicated to helping clients receive the full compensation they need to cover expenses and help their families through this difficult time. Our firm is able to serve you We have medical malpractice attorneys in these Minnesota locations:
- St. Paul
- Brooklyn Center
- Coon Rapids
- Forest Lake
- St. Cloud
Contact us today to learn more about our services and locations or to schedule a free consultation with our legal team.
Discuss Your Legal Questions With A Member Of Our Team
Minneapolis Office Location
305 North 5th Avenue, Suite 300
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Content Reviewed by:
Alan Scott Milavetz